Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Today was pretty exciting

No pics- it was so foggy. I actually got lost getting on the freeway. Typical. Finally made it to Kelly's. We tried to poop Usher out, but Usher hadn't seen sheep for 2 weeks. He's excited. We worked on everything we could (well, Kelly did- then let me step in)

It was time to go to Dianne Deal's. I got lost- what a surprise. I met two gals there, bad with names, good with dogs- a young BC and a cute red Aussie. We were doing close work. Luckily Don had called Dianne this morning and Dianne asked if Usher could work in a 40 acre field -no problem, he said. She asked about his trainer and Don said he was very good- I tend to agree.

Dianne has a great set-up there. She worked Usher first, then I asked "Do you mind if I show you what I'm doing with him?" Of course not. So I set him up for an outrun, he cut in a little tight at the top, but then I had him drive the sheep away for the next outrun. I don't think she expected a drive. She said "He's his Daddy's boy"

Not sure if I got the quotes right, but I think this pretty much tells the story.

I am SO thankful to Kelly for running some piss & vinegar out of Usher before and also with only a few lessons under our belt, even the people in the BC world think highly of you.

I am also very, very thankful to Dianne for inviting me to her place. It's beautiful, even in the fog. I thank Ellie for putting up the website or I never would have found her.

I thank all of you for putting up with my shaky head and slurred speech-
I can't help it.

I've learned different techniques. None are wrong, each are different. I've learned some new rules, also. This makes it easier for me to get out there on the trial field.

So, thank you everyone. Usher's still ready. I need a nap.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to hear you had a good time, no thanks necessary!

    ReplyDelete